- This is a real back to basics article – still worth a read even though you’ve been eating all your life!
- Mindful eating is the key to healthier functioning digestion
- Chewing is more than just about breaking up your food – it’s the first stage of digestion
Step 1: Engage in mindful eating
Don’t be a slave to your digestion. What simple things can you do to help yourself and take control over those painful, and let’s admit it, sometimes embarrassing symptoms?
Believe it or not, the easiest thing you can do is just to be mindful about your food when you’re eating it. It’s as simple as that.
Ask yourself these questions:
- Do I think nothing of walking down the street eating something I’ve just grabbed because I might not have time later?
- Do I regularly eat at my desk or, if working from home, while I’m engaged with work or other things?
- Do I regularly partake of some 'dashboard dining' whilst I'm driving?
- Do I eat in front of the TV?
If the answer is yes to any of these, then you're confusing your poor brain!
Remember, your brain talks to your gut (your stomach and small intestine). You’re better off going without and fasting until you can actually sit down and feel relaxed and happy about eating the food that helps you to cope with your hectic lifestyle. It deserves priority status! Food is more than just fuel. It nourishes us from the inside out and gives you the power to take control of your health (as long as you can digest it of course).
A subscription is required in order to view the full article.Subscribe now