What you need in your kitchen to get started:
- 2 large mixing bowls; square cake tin... that's all!
Recipe thanks to personal trainer Naomi MacArthur www.naomimacarthur.co.uk
(Yields 16 Bars)
60g gluten free oatmeal (blended oats)
40g ground almonds
40g pea protein (we used our favourite Vanilla pea protein for this recipe)
30g organic coconut sugar
85g pumpkin puree (from a tin or cooked)
1.5 to 2 tsp ground ginger (depending on how zingy you want your bar)
1.5 to 2 tsp ground cinnamon (again, your choice on zingy-ness)
1.5 to 2 tsp grated orange zest (for zing)
1/4 tsp sea salt
1 tsp baking powder
What to do:
- Pre heat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Mix together the Oats, ground almonds, protein, coconut sugar and baking powder in a large bowl.
- Then add the eggs, egg whites, pumpkin, ginger and orange zest.
- Combine all the ingredients together and pour into a square cake tin.
- Bake in the oven 20-25 minutes until cooked through.
- Leave to cool and cut into 16 slices.
- Store in a sealed container in the fridge
Coconut cream icing
1 can coconut cream
5 drops of stevia (or 2 tsp of coconut sugar to taste)
1 tsp vanilla extract
Grated orange zest to garnish
A subscription is required in order to view the full article.Subscribe now